Monday, March 8, 2010

The Inaugural Post

My first post!

This blog is intended to be about the magical, whimsical things of life, in Ireland, where I live.

Just to get a little snapshot of me, I live in the southeast of Ireland, on the coast, in a 400 year old house with forestry all around.

These are the things I like:

The whimsical, the magical, the fairy-ish










Green, dark, luscious trees











Sprawling museums










Mocha coffee, any coffee












Old Cemeteries










Chocolate













and my orange cat Charlie












Here's what I don't like:

Gossip
Bad manners
Fish
Avocadoes
Dried flowers
The cold
Trips to the dentist
Moodiness
Vacuuming

Like everywhere in the world, Ireland is proving a challenge to live in. Everything is way too expensive (for what you get), people are in a bad mood constantly, the roads are....indescribable, and everyone whines constantly about how bad everything is.

So, what you won't find on this blog is negativity, or complaining or whining.

There's enough of that around already!

What you will find are things/people/moments that inspire and uplift me, that make me smile, make me laugh, make me go weak at the knees (in a good way).

Wishing you happiness and a delightful week ahead!

No comments: