Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Birthday Week

I had a big birthday last week. I'm quite reticent about saying how old I am now, because, quite honestly, I can't believe I'm that age! I'm not vain about it particularly, it's just I don't want to be pidgeon-holed or labelled. The age I am now is different than it was in the '50s or even '70s, but still...sigh...I feel like I'm still about 16!

I'm finishing a spell of 10 days off in a row - bliss - but unfortunately have to face the fact that I'm back to work tomorrow.

We went up to Dublin on my birthday for a stroll around and hit Avoca Handweavers, a favorite spot of mine, on the way home. A few little snapshots from this delectable store:












In the end, all I bought was two bars of soap! If you care to take a dreamy look around their online store, just click here: Avoca Handweavers.

Then, because I was feeling a bit giddy and like I actually was 16, we stopped for ice creams:





An Italian birthday dinner that night with friends, too much to eat and drink and I'm still recovering!

Hope you're having a lovely week wherever you are and do remember, age really is just a number! xox

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday !!!
I see you had a wonderful day.
That ice cream looks so delicious.
Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday to you :-)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry I missed your birthday!! Many happy wishes and blessings to you ~ it looks like you had a wonderful day.
I feel the same about my birthday this month, I still feel like I am just a kid. I guess thats a good thing. I love that dress (or top?) in the first photo and the teapot!
Hugs))

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Happy belated bday! I adore Anthropologie, too, and too, I have never shopped there, but, go sometimes and just stand in awe that someone knows my heart and made these clothes! Blessings.